Monday 9 June 2008

Green Thumb Sunday (on a Monday)!!

I missed yesterdays GTS due to a stonking headache - caused ironically by being in various gardens all afternoon! Each year, there is an Open Gardens event in my town in aid of a local hospice. I make it a point to attend but have narrowed it down to 3 or 4 gardens I visit almost every year. This year I was on my own as Mum is away (cruising the fjords - lucky moo) so I just did 3 gardens - 1 of my favs and 2 that were near but new to me. Here's two of my favourite photos of the day :-)

Both of these are slightly different to my usual approach. I caught the late afternoon sun just dappling these plants and decided to try it. I think the geranium was particularly successful - I love how the light just catches the top right of the flower and sort of lights up the rest. The fern is just cropped slightly - no other post processing at all which is unusual for me. I usually do a few minor tweaks just to improve contrast and general balance between shadows and highlights but I actually prefer the untouched version this time.

4 comments:

jenscloset said...

Beautiful photographs!

Unknown said...

gorgeous photos!

Sew Bettie said...

Great photos!

Sarah McBride said...

the geranium is absolutely beautiful!!