Sunday, 26 October 2008
And who made comment number 5?
Well Done to Handicrafts - also known as JMcGuiness over on Etsy - a fellow member of POE and a very talented photographer too :)
Thank you for playing everyone - I'm sure I'll do another giveaway soon :)
Monday, 20 October 2008
Thank you for those of you who've answered already now I'm off to drum up some more entries :)
Saturday, 18 October 2008
Pop over to my Etsy shop and suggest your two favourites for me to submit for the next slideshow - I'll put all the names in a hat (metaphorically at least!) and the winner will get a 7x5 inch print of each of their 2 suggested prints.
Make sure to leave your contact details, either via a blog link or shop link in your comment so I can contact you if you are the winner. Deadline is midnight Sunday 19th October (wherever you are) and I will post a winner on Monday 20th.
Wednesday, 15 October 2008
Sakuras' challenge was to reveal 6 secrets and tag 5 other bloggers so here goes
1) I have a tiny dolphin tattoo at the top of my thigh. I love tattoos on other people but wasn't brave enough to have mine on show. It hurt a fair bit too so I'm glad I didn't dive in at the deep end and start with a large one!
2) I have never wanted children and nothing has made me change my mind yet! It's not that I don't like them, I do, I'm just not maternal I guess.
3) I can talk to almost anyone, anywhere so I'm definitely not shy but I still lack confidence, no matter how I come across :(
4) I miss my grandmother so much.
5) I love nutella and peanut butter but I can't eat them on bread - I have to eat them with a spoon (but not at the same time)! Just a few spoonfuls is usually enough to satisfy any nibble cravings.
6) I have an addictive personality - I get really into something and I have to do it at every opportunity for about 6 months - then one day, I'll give it a miss for some reason and never go back to it. That's why I have a box of knitting stuff, one for ceramics, one of genealogy papers and one of part finished cross stitches. It's also why I don't gamble, play fruit machines or computer games - I just don't have time! Photography is about the only thing that has lasted - 6 years and counting :)
So who to tag?
Come on then my lovelies - let's hear some secrets :)
Saturday, 11 October 2008
Thursday, 9 October 2008
Looking the other way and to the left, you can see the new houses in the distance and the old tyres and traffic cones stuck in the mud in the foreground.
An old, washed up bottle near the grass/reeds - I thought it looked best slightly sepia-ish toned.
More debris washed up by the tides - this time an old bike and what looks like the handle of a saw! - Again, slightly toned but this time with my texture added to darken the corners a bit.
Wednesday, 8 October 2008
I don't know what this fiery red plant is but it was lighting up the wasteground in bright autumnal patches.
Sunday, 5 October 2008
Monday - grey all day but then the sun came out long enough to do this.
Tuesday - very grey again and this weird cloud formation.
Wednesday - More rain for most of the day but the evening had some lovely white fluffy clouds and the starlings were flying high as usual. I also shot some textures today so had a play by overlaying a dark edged texture over this and playing with blending modes in photoshop. I think this was a colour burn mode in the end.
Thursday - I got my car back from the garage yesterday so I planned on taking my camera to work but the weather forecast was horrible so I didn't. This is a camera phone shot of the bit of estuary near my office. I just made it back before the skies opened once again.
Friday - I did take my camera with me but even though I went back down to the river estuary, the heavens opened whilst I was there so I made a run for it. Standing getting my breath back and chatting to a colleague, I spotted this angle on the arches so grabbed my camera phone again for an insurance shot! I didn't like any of the shots from my brief excursion in the rain but I did like this one - especially after I played with it a bit. Converted to mono, added a slight sepia tone then overlaid with the same texture as the blue sky shot on Wednesday. Hidden in the shadows are a couple of cars and a few bits of building site so definitely needed to do something in Photoshop! :)