Sunday 17 June 2007

UK Etsy Secret Swap goodies

Well this post is a bit late but although I wrote it 2 weeks ago, somehow I managed to lose it! I'm just not getting the hang of Blogger as I'm much more familiar with Vox. I sent a handmade calender to Allthosethrees with 12 of my own photos from my travels over the last year or two. If the number of exclamation marks in her email was anything to go by, I think she liked it!
Then I received my own package......


I was so excited. Part of the info we had to send Askey was which seller we would most like to receive our swap from and what sort of things we liked. Well, I'd seen Domino's stuff and thought it was so different so I put her down as my fav and here was a parcel from her. I ripped it open so fast my pendant went flying but luckily I didn't break it!
A beautiful pinky/purple pendant and a pink keyring - just the colours I would have chosen for myself.
This swap has been pretty stressful, I have to say. I had no idea when I signed up how hard it would be to choose something to send to someone I barely knew. I originally was just going to send a print (or two or three) but I felt that was so little compared to the amount of work the other girls would have put in to physically make something. Once I hit on the idea of the calender, I felt much better about it and just chose a photo from 12 different countries, each one different - a beach scene, cityscape or landscape.
Having said it was stressful, I'm still going to jump in on the next one 'cos I like receiving surprises too :)



No comments: