Saturday 15 March 2008

Camera Club

This week was our last competition of the year so I wanted to make sure I had 2 mono prints and 2 colour prints. Unfortunately after the woozy winter I've had, I'm reduced to hunting through my back catalogue so at 6.30pm on Friday, I was still printing and mounting them when my printer decided to quit half way through the second colour print :(
I was pleased with the 2 mono prints - I went for a scenic silhouette of London and a funny one of my niece. Got a second and a third place so that was OK - I may have won the trophy for mono this year - I think I was 2 points ahead of Tom at the last competition and he only beat me by half a point this time :)
I didn't do so well with my colour print this week. I know it probably sounds big headed and maybe I shouldn't even say it but I usually get at least one place in both sections. This week there were some cracking shots and mine just didn't have the 'Oomph' that they did. I still like it and it looks lovely as a notecard but obviously not a good choice for competition!
Oh well, I'll learn to keep my types of photography seperate one day. This is partly my problem with my attempts to sell prints - I know what sells as stock and I've been OK with competition stuff but what makes good stock/competition doesn't necessarily mean good for someone's living room wall.



3 comments:

Grizzly Mountain Arts said...

Gorgeous photos and blog!

Arty Allsorts said...

thank you Grizzly *blush*

Sarah McBride said...

Hi there! I need to tag somebody, and I love your blog so can't wait to see what you write! The rules are:

1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

Enjoy!

love the new pictures and thank you for the convo on sunday about the photo sites. I appreciate all the info!!